Point1, people who live their parents in an oldfolks home when they are perfectly capable of taking care of them deserve to be killed. There should be some sort of death penalty for these people.
Point2, there is NO such way as a good/best way to let a patient know he/she has cancer.
Point3, they should have warned us before hand that joining nursing required you to be able to feel totally emotionless at time.
Point4, if you don't give a chicken about caring for your patient, you should NOT be a nurse, go else where and get a life.
Daddy says if you don't talk about what happens in nursing , you'll go crazy after awhile, so here I shall talk.
And now, I shall elaborate.
Point1
a patient of mine, has 3 wives, and thus many
family members, but NONE of them wants to care for him, and so he's a cleaner to meet his daily needs, the police had to chase them to even visit him at the hospital, now tell me, how pathetic is that??! And sone patiens, have such rich relatives, but they just throw them at a nursing home. I mean, if you're rich enough to hire maids for yourself, certainly you should be able to hire someone to care for her at home? And you just leave it to the nurses to tell your mother where she will be going, karma my friend.
Point2
a patient of mine had cancer, and I was rather busy, but while walking by another cubicle, sort of another room like that, a doctor asked me to translate Chinese for her. So I said yeah, quick quick one. And so she said, ask him, you got cancer right. I'm gonna tell you about your operation. And not thinking, I just translated it to, 你的知道 你的有aizhen? 医生 要跟你讲 operation 的东西. And tge guy just stared at me, and said, no, nobody told me I had cancer. But cause I was just thinking about the work I still have to do, I just quickly continued translating tg op procedure, it's only after I left their room did I realize, if I had cancer, an a nurse told me the news like that, what would I have done? I would so have murdered the nurse. And so till now, I feel so guilty, but then again, usually the cancer patients do not Want your sympathy, so, idk. What IS the right way to let a body know he has cancer?
Point 3
as we are working now, usually it's the student nurses who would actually gently care for you and try to meet your every need, the staff are wayyy to busy for that! Well, it seems that way at least, they're forever rushing to do this and that. Or even if they re free, they just couldn't be bothered, take for example, a patient has diarrheo, but after the auntie passes motion, she just takes away the bedpan and wears up her shorts, without cleaning her ass, like hello? Does she have no brain or whaat? How would she feel if SHE was the patient? Ab the way they just push the patient around although she is pain.. I mean, I know you're busy, but can't you jus be abit gentler? But they say , if you continue being gentle and slow, you're not gonna be able to complete your work. And thy can be pain and all, but you should just ignore them, in essence, they re telling us, your work is more important then a patient, like seriously??! I don't wanna be that kinda nurse ever. To come to a point where you don't hve a damn about anybody but yourself.
Point4
if you don't like caring for people, don't work. It's that simple, always think, how would it be, if YOU were the patient, it's such a cliche. But it's true, and I really wanna slap those people who just ignore the feelings and pain of the patient. How would like to be smacked around Luke a rag doll, and shoved things up different parts of your body? These animal feeling people should just dissapear off. Fullstop.
Okay, I STILL haven't bathed, hahaha, tnrw after noon shift! I kinda prefer morning though. Haha, ohwells, I need to sleep soon, 2 more weeks over! Surprisingly I'm quite enjoyng it here despite feeling utterly upset over above mentioned things and a few more, ps, for you weird people, I did not break patients confidentialty cause no names were given!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment